BA/MA 4+1 SENIORS ONLY should apply by November 16, 2023.
*PLEASE NOTE: The online application system will open in October 2023. Questions pertaining to the application system itself (how to send scores, upload media, collect recommendation letters, etc) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. QMSS cannot provide technical support for this system.*
The Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences program is a Master of Arts Degree housed within the Graduate School of Arts and Science (GSAS). As such, applicants are beholden to all of the school's admissions policies and procedures, which you can read in full HERE.
Application materials include:
- Verified Transcripts of all previous post-secondary education
- Statement of purpose
- Personal statement (The personal statement should be no more than 1,000 words. There is no other required formatting. The personal statement should explain how your personal experiences and history will allow you to contribute to the wealth of perspectives in the entering class of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and in the Columbia community at large.)
- Three letters of recommendation (2 from an academic source)
- Optional GRE or GMAT scores (This requirement is optional during the current application cycle. Valid scores will still be evaluated if submitted.)
- International Applicant TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable. See the full GSAS English Language Proficiency policy HERE. If you believe you qualify for a waiver, contact <email@example.com>
NOTE: The “supplemental writing sample” component is entirely optional but you may use it to include any additional content or information that you feel strengthens your candidacy.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS, be sure to familiarize yourself with the policies and information provided by GSAS HERE.
All application materials must be submitted electronically to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support with the online application and questions pertaining to the receipt of materials.
QMSS admissions are NOT rolling; all applications submitted by the January deadline are given the same consideration. We also do not penalize applicants for materials that are submitted by the deadline but do not reach the department by that date (i.e. standardized test scores and letters of recommendation that may take a while to deliver.)